Saturday, November 12, 2005

Zone Four

Me: Where do you live?

Mr. X: Morden

Me: <blank stare>

Mr. X: It's in zone four.

Me: Oh pashaw. There's no such thing as zone four. That's just something parents made up to scare their children, like the boogie man, or New Jersey.


I have faithfully carried my geocentricity from The Center of the Universe to this side of the pond. I wonder how many potential friends and lovers I have alienated with my comments. Ah well, if they're going to insist on talking about such rubbish I want nothing to do with them.

Shaun
--
Shaun Coley
scoley@gmail.com
London, UK

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Shaun... You're doing those Londoners a favor by warning them about New Jersey in advance!

As someone who has to drive through that state on a regular basis, I also wish that it was only a figment of my imagination :)

-- Dan