Wednesday, October 11, 2006

[The Life of Shaun #72] Come live in England with me!

Ah, a moment!  Breath in...  hold it...  savour it...  release!

It's been quite the whirlwind since school started four-and-a-half weeks ago.  From saving the sinking ship to our first two projects, I've been pretty busy - and loving it!  After my mind-numbing year at St. Ives it feels so good to use my brain again.  I love being a student, and love this program.  Though the topics of this four-week block aren't my favourites, I can see the end in the near distance and us moving on to more interesting things.  (Well, *I* consider macroeconomics very interesting - someone's gotta!)

I was really lucky with the team I've ended up on as well, cassian.  On the first day of orientation we were asked to get into groups, and since we really didn't know anyone it was almost random.  But there were rules in forming teams - no more than four men and no more than three people from the same country.  I attached to a group helmed by two Portuguese guys, but it quickly grew to too many men.  As I was seeing the team form I was less excited about being on it, so I volunteered to leave.  I swapped with a girl on a team with too many girls and it turned out to be a huge boon. 

My team is awesome!  I definitely think it's the best team, and so does everyone else!  We get comments from other classmates all the time how they wish their teams were more like ours, how they admire how well we all get on and how we hang out together.  We mesh well, and there're no alpha egos.  Perfect.  I hope it stays this copacetic as the grind wears on, but it's certainly a great place to start.

Two very cool things about my program!  In February I will be going to Gdansk, Poland for a week for our group's strategy project.  Never been to Poland, so that will be great.  And how interesting it'll be to work for a week for a Polish company.  Then at the end of June I'll be going to Beijing and Shanghai for an International Business Symposium elective!  How cool is that?!  Add in to that my trips to the West Coast in December and East Coast in April and this is gonna be a great year.

So that's an update from me.  Hope everything's going well where you are.

Oh, almost forgot - regarding the subject of this eMail.  If anyone wants to move over here and has had any inclination to do an MBA, apply to my program here at Cass.  When you graduate you are guaranteed a Highly Skilled Migration visa which will allow you to stay indefinitely.  So c'mon over!  I'll have a pint waiting for you.

Cheers,
Shaun

--
Shaun Coley
scoley@gmail.com
Clerkenwell, Islington
London, UK
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to The-Life-of-Shaun-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/The-Life-of-Shaun
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: