Monday, February 19, 2007

Poland et al

Some how these didn't post when I submitted by eMail, so I am adding them here together.

Cheers,
Shaun


Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!



Reply
Shaun Coley
to the-life-of-sh.
show details
24-Jan
Brrrrr! It's cold!!! Below freezing the past couple days. It even snowed overnight - very cool to look out the window and see the buildings and trees lining Rosebery Avenue coated in white. Snow's not common here and it will all have melted by noon, but it was a nice effect in the morning.

It's hard to believe I've been back in London just over two weeks! It seems like it's been ages; I've been terribly busy with university (I've learned not to say "school" as that implies elementary school, and when someone of my advanced years goes on incessantly about "elementary school" people start to think funny things about you), it started off right in full swing.

I had the most amazing time on my trip to America. Some fantastic highlights: sharing a $3,000 bottle of wine (not my treat, of course), a day on a Sonoma vineyard, another day in Calistoga, seeing West Coast friends I haven't seen in years, having a blast out on the town, fabulous food and wine, and seeing people in Vegas I haven't seen in some cases a decade. The saddest part, in its way, was visiting Mama Berry, the matriarch of the family I lived with my senior year of high school. She had a massive stroke 18 months ago and is now partially paralysed and unable to speak. It was great to see her, and she seems happy and comfortable, but she is such a dynamic and vibrant person it's hard not to hear her speak and be put in my place when necessary. But so glad to see her, and hoping she is as happy as she seems.

That's about it; just wanted to check in as it's been a while. As I said I had a blast, but love being back in London.

Next stop: Gdansk, Poland in February.

Cheers,
Shaun


Snow!!!!



Reply
Shaun Coley
to the-life-of-sh., Dan, Rosemary, Nikki, cassian07, group04
show details
08-Feb
It snowed again last night - apparently enough to close buildings and tube lines (well, that takes 1/280th of an inch, but they say there was real accumulation this time). Attached are some photos of the views from our flat. St. Paul's it out there somewhere in the second photo.

Cheers,
Shaun


Granie w Polsce!



Reply
Shaun Coley
to the-life-of-sh.
show details
09-Feb
Hey all,

Off to Stanstead this evening... school is putting us up at a hotel there since our flight leaves at 0600 tomorrow morning (0400 check-in time - ouch!). I'm off to Gdansk, Poland for a week! Part of the MBA course is doing a consultancy project with a foreign company.

Very excited - I've never been to Poland! Warsaw and Krakow are the two popular destinations, but I've heard Gdansk is great; it was built by the Dutch, so is supposed to be reminiscent of Amsterdam.

Hope you all have a good week!

Cheers,
Shaun


Gdansk 1...



Reply
Shaun Coley
to the-life-of-sh., cassMBA2007, Benedicte, Jasvir, tropicaltrip, Chris, Dan, Rosemary, Nikki
show details
12-Feb
Hey all,

Just thought I'd share the pics of Poland thus far! You'll see some of me at our project sight - a "high-end" sausage/meat producer!

Having a good time here, but it's cold! The high yesterday was -4˚C (24˚F). The old town's really pretty and the beer and food are cheap, so to enjoy about Gdansk.

Cheers,
Shaun

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shaun Coley <service@snapfish.com>
Date: 12-Feb-2007 22:36
Subject: Poland 1...
To: scoley@gmail.com



you're invited to view my photos!


Poland 1...
34 photos
Shaun says...

Pics from Poland...



Snapfish and the Snapfish logo are trademarks of the Hewlett-Packard Company. All rights reserved.
Snapfish, 303 Second Street, South Tower, Suite 500 San Francisco, CA 94107.



If the 'view my photos' button above does not work, copy and paste the link below into your browser
http://www1.snapfish.com/share/p=821121171315649796/l=243884603/g=38778596/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB





Sopot & home Inbox



Reply
Shaun Coley
to the-life-of-sh., Dan, Rosemary, Nikki, Aaron
show details
17-Feb (2 days ago)
Hey all,

Made it home! I had a great time in Poland, but it was really nice to get back to London, despite Cass screwing up getting us home and the Stanstead Express not running (grrrr....).

The week went well and we think our company was very happy with the work we did - very cool! Now we will be doing some more research for them and giving them a report in five weeks. On top of classes... and our strategy project. Oi vey!

Attached are a couple photos from Sopot, the resort town where we went to lunch with our clients after we presented. The skewed house is pretty cool! It reminds me of the Gaudy houses in Barcelona.

Hope you've all had a great week!

Cheers,
Shaun

No comments: