Monday, April 23, 2007

[The Life of Shaun #111] Back in Olde London Town

What a fantastic weekend I just had!  It was very difficult to leave when I did; I tried calling to get my departure changed, but I couldn't get through to American Airlines and so I did the last minute taxi dash to JFK.  I was having such a great time, it hurt to leave.

Russ came into town on Friday and that night I reconnected with a great friend I hadn't spoken to in a number of years, and hanging out with them as the rest of my NYC crowd was a blast - I miss those circles!  And I got two of New York's four good days of weather (the other two are in the Fall, when it goes back from steaming to frozen) so we were sitting out on a street café in the Village having cocktails with yet more friends we bumped into randomly.  Then I had to abruptly pick up and leave all these wonderful, happy people who got to stay on - it was so unfair!  I had a small consolation in that we shared a boarding lounge with a flight for São Paulo.

But it is nice being back in my flat; the leaves have returned and it feels like we live in a tree house again and they sky's a comfortable mild grey, perfect for my muted post-flight level of energy.  I'm going to go out to Exmouth Market in a bit a sit, eat and read.  School and its mania start up tomorrow - here we go!

Cheers,
Shaun

--
Shaun Coley
Clerkenwell, Islington
London, UK

Semicolons are dangerous; do not attempt at home.
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to The-Life-of-Shaun-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/The-Life-of-Shaun
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: