Monday, May 07, 2007

[The Life of Shaun #115] Detox

I am approaching the last hours of my week-long detox; I have been doing the "master cleanse" since last Monday night.  That means I haven't had solid food or (worse) alcohol in a week.  I decided after 32 years of putting toxins into my body, it deserved a week off to help get them out.  I was originally going to do it until Thursday, but then I learned that it takes a few days to work back up to real eating again, and I have a friend coming in town Friday so I must be ready for action then.

It's been an interesting week!  It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be - after three days is sort of becomes normal, and even the first three weren't so bad because it's the start and I was enthusiastic about seeing what happened.  But it was definitely an interesting experience, a test of putting your mind to something and I am glad I did it.  But now that it's at the end, I am really looking forward to (brothy) soup tomorrow!

I think I may try to do this once a year, just to help my abused body stay on the up-and-up.

BTW, kudos to my Mom and Dad who did it with me for five and seven days, respectively!

Hope you've all enjoyed your food this week!

Cheers,
Shaun

--
Shaun Coley
Clerkenwell, Islington
London, UK
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to The-Life-of-Shaun-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/The-Life-of-Shaun
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: