Thursday, June 07, 2007

[The Life of Shaun #124] 噢我的神! 我明天去中国!!!

I absolutely cannot believe today is here; since last September I have known that I will be going to China, and suddenly it's here!  And all that has happened since then is crazy - I can't believe all my courses are done, that the MBA is nearly over, how ridiculously fast it has all flown by. 

This has really been an amazing experience, unexpectedly so; I thought I would just go to lectures, take my tests and live my life outside school, just how I always had before.  But it turned out to be so much more - it was that real, consuming academic experience I had always wanted and never got.  Maybe that's because I hopped to seven disparate undergraduate schools (who can name them all besides Todd??), or it just wasn't the right time in my life yet, but this time has been so very different.  The people I've met and friends I've made have been incredible.  I've walked home after the pub after lectures and a pint or six and been completely amazed at the time I was having.  I wouldn't trade it for anything - not even the $XX,XXX I've sunk into it!

That being said, I am ready for it to be done and see what's next.  Right now are some times of pretty high stress for me, and most of the class as well, finishing up courses, money, a job...  I have faith it will all work out, but from this point on the time line, it doesn't seem that way and I just wish I knew where I was going to be come 15 September.

But, that's for another day - from this point until Sunday next it's all about going to China with my friends and cohorts.  Reality can wait one more week.

Apropos of nothing, some random pics from the past couple weeks:

  1. DSC00008 - Me, Natasha, Chris and Alistair, our friend and neighbour, celebrating two years since Natasha and I hatched our plan to come to this side of the pond
  2. DSC00009 - The Tate's newest exhibit: "Ocado Has Arrived" - N. Rankow, 2007
  3. DSC00014 - Boys coming out to play on Old Compton Street
  4. DSC00019 - View towards Smithfield (where William Wallace was executed!) and the Barbican from Farringdon, my nearest tube stop
  5. DSC00020 - The Two Brewers (or "The Droop"), my fave uni pub

Till the next time, it's like they say in China: 这个白男孩无法讲中文!  (This white boy can't speak Chinese!)

Cheers,
Shaun

--
Shaun Coley
Clerkenwell, Islington
London, UK
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to The-Life-of-Shaun-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/The-Life-of-Shaun
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: