Sunday, June 24, 2007

[The Life of Shaun #133] Athína

I hear there's a great big historical city outside my room, and indeed I saw the old fort up on the hill in a daring jaunt out of doors yesterday afternoon; but it's currently 46˚C (114.8˚F) in Athens - I am seeking comfort in freon and won't be going out till the sun goes down.

Went out and had a good time last night, despite the EURO 8 beers; Athens has a pretty vibrant scene, if diminutive relative to its population.  Pride was on a Vegas scale when they had it at Sunset Park - cute.  Going to have dinner at my sister's tonight and have an easy night of it.  I need my rest for when Russ gets to town and the wedding next weekend.  Yikes, an avalanche of family and friends!  I hope the vineyards have been working overtime in preparation.

Melting in the cradle democracy,
Shaun

--
Shaun Coley
Clerkenwell, Islington
London, UK
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to The-Life-of-Shaun-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/The-Life-of-Shaun
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: