Friday, July 20, 2007

[The Life of Shaun #143] Well who'd'a thunk it?

Perhaps this whole MBA thing wasn't a totally cock-eyed idea - I received a job offer on Wednesday, which I promptly accepted. I didn't want to say anything until I got a contract for fear of tempting fate into them rescinding the offer, but there was an offer packet waiting for me when I got home last night.


I am going to be working at XYZ in Canary Wharf starting in September, working in the Financial Control Group. It is an ideal role for me, playing my past jobs well into the transition to financial services, and the company is fantastic - I couldn't be happier!

So that's a major, MAJOR stress relived; I am pretty much at financial wit's end at this end-of-student-loan-life period, so knowing there's a light at the end of this tunnel (or even that this tunnel has an end) is nothing short of liberating.

Now all there's left to do is finish my BRP; the whole MBA thing is really almost over - I have to be an adult again - *ACK*!

Hiding under the covers,
Shaun

PS - I am sending this to the AOLers directly by BCC as some of you are having issues with GoogleGroups; I think I removed the ones who are getting it OK, but if you get this twice, let me know and I'll take your address out of the BCC group.



--
Shaun Coley
Clerkenwell, Islington
London, UK
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to The-Life-of-Shaun-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/The-Life-of-Shaun
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: