Sunday, January 06, 2008

[The Life of Shaun #184] The New Yorkers on the town; failed redemption

Tonight's one of those nights I am glad I live with a friend. I am suffering post-visitor blues; it was so nice to have my friend Rachel here for two whole weeks. It feels empty now that she's left back for New York. Even though we didn't have the ideal visit (I was sick the whole first week), it was perfect to have the kind of friend around I who I could be sick for a week and it's OK. Very glad I am going to see her in just two months and stay with her for five of the nine nights I am in New York!

Another friend of mine, the ever-getting-sexier Darrin, was also in town from New York visiting his boyfriend, and so we all went out for drinks on Friday night. Attaching a few pics from the evening.

I also learned a valuable lesson - do not attempt to start the Master Cleanse when you have a hangover. It doesn't work. I was going to do it again, and failed on day one. Grease really is necessary after vodka. I also didn't have the ingredients for the lemonade and learned just how important it is.

So, no Master Cleanse for me. I am going to try a less harsh alternative with Mary post Istanbul that has a liver & gall bladder cleanse portion at the end, so will see how that goes. Just something to counter the effects of the holidays, but maybe not as gung-ho as my sisters' characteristically extreme ideas.

Cheers,
Shaun



--
Shaun Coley
Clerkenwell, Islington
London, UK

http://www.friendster.com/shaunism


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to The-Life-of-Shaun-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/The-Life-of-Shaun
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: