Friday, March 28, 2008

[The Life of Shaun #220] Idiot

My landlord was going to sell this place after we left, but he decided not to after he had a realtor by.  Why?  Well, I am not 100% sure, but when I asked him how much he'd be renting it for (as Mary Keany was considering it, if it weren't going up too much), and he found out from the realtor that the market value for renting it is £1,925 ($3,850)/month.  Natasha and I paid £1,225, a full £700/month less, with nought a raise in three leases.  I have no idea how we got so lucky, but he used to rent it out himself, not via a realtor, so I think he never knew.  But of course I pipe up and decide to leave, so he finds out.

So, in the past decade:

Gorgeous two-level three bedroom townhouse with parking and fabulous view in The Castro for $1,500/month.  I leave.

Cute one-bedroom with great energy in Chelsea, rent-stabilised, $1,000/month.  I leave.

Perfect flat in the perfect neighbourhood in the world's most expensive city for $1,400/month less than I should be paying.  I leave.

How stupid can one person be?

<sigh>

Alright.  Time for me to go out and overpay for drinks before signalling the start of the crash of the London housing market tomorrow morning.

Happy Friday, all!

Cheers,
Shaun

--
Shaun Coley
Clerkenwell, Islington
London, UK

http://www.friendster.com/shaunism
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to The-Life-of-Shaun-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/The-Life-of-Shaun
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: