Saturday, May 31, 2008

[The Life of Shaun #234] Barack & home

Well, it looks like Barack is about to take the nomination; I am comfortable with my metaphorical £975,000.  He's a great figure and I think he will do a lot to "heal America" (and the world?), as CNN likes to sum it up.  And I think if he surrounds himself with a smart, capable team, he will do well quickly.

For my Barack-supporting friends who wonder why I've been so reticent to get on the bandwagon, this is why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk25Am6Jo0s

Just watch the first 2:20 - and then please tell me they've decided to not let the states between the Hudson and San Francisco Bay vote any more.  <sigh>  I am bracing for a McCain presidency, especially now that gay marriage has popped up in popular discussion again, but I'll be switching my direct debit from the Hillary campaign to Barack's the minute she concedes.  But until that moment, I'll hope...

I've got internet and even a dresser now!  I am a side table, desk chair and handyman away from being moved in.  Which reminds me, I've got to get to the DIY before it closes.  Hope you are all well and I'd love to hear from you after this ridiculous absence.

Cheers,
Shaun

--
Shaun Coley
Shadwell, Tower Hamlets
London, UK

http://www.friendster.com/shaunism
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to The-Life-of-Shaun-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/The-Life-of-Shaun
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: