Wednesday, June 04, 2008

[The Life of Shaun #239] Barack's campaign's a little better off today

As promised, I switched my donation from Hillary to Barack this morning.  Even though she hasn't conceded, it's inevitable and, more importantly, I think she should now.  It's time for her to very publicly support him for the hopes of November.

I always liked Barack, but I have to admit he scored a lot of points with me twice.  Once was on MLK King day when he said that black people need to recognise discrimination against gays as the same discrimination they face(d).  Then this weekend, as he officially left his church, he said he does not agree with the anti-gay message of many churches.  Bravo!  Not a Newsomesque embrace, to be sure, but I bet you'd have to dig pretty deeply into the minor parties before you'd find someone else on the cusp of the presidency who'd speak as positively about gay rights.

So count me in - Barack '08!

Now, who for the #2?  I'd be keen to know your thoughts.

Cheers,
Shaun

--
Shaun Coley
Shadwell, Tower Hamlets
London, UK

http://www.friendster.com/shaunism
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to The-Life-of-Shaun-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/The-Life-of-Shaun
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: