Friday, September 12, 2008

[The Life of Shaun #271] New York

"There is no question that there is an unseen world.  The problem is, how far is it from Midtown and how late is it open?"  -- Woody Allen

My friend Alexi sent me this quote earlier today and, wow, all I could think was "I miss New York".  And I do.  I desperately miss my friends there, the energy, the edge, that understanding only New Yorkers have, and I miss that little island that, so far, is the only place that has really felt like home.

But then there's Sarah Palin.  And everything she embodies.  McCain?  OK, bad enough, but he's kind of like a rock you have to walk around to get to something better.  Him alone, bad, but not Bushy.  But Palin?  Actively, violently, offensively, gaggingly evil.  I hate her like I hate Bush.  I hate her... so... much, It--it..the f--, it--flame...flames...flames on the side of my face, breathing, breath... heaving, breaths... heaving... 

And they are going to win.  They?  Are.  Going.  To.  Win.  And there are people who are happy about that.

Alright, alright, maybe Barack will pull some miracle out of his ass and they won't.  But even if that happens - the fact McCain/Palin could win?  F*(k.  Really?  Suddenly this continent with 700 million like-minded souls feels awfully comfortable.

OK, sorry to be so macabre.  It's just, you know, up until so recently this year, it was easy to be wildly optimistic and hopeful about my country again.  Like the sexy blow job Clinton years - remember them?  2000 and 2004 should of (sic) taught me better, but I was suckered, I fell for it.  At least it's had one good consequence - I've increased my contribution to Barack.  Again.  I hope you do too.

Cheers from a hopeful Europe,
Shaun

Shaun Coley
Shadwell, Tower Hamlets
London, UK

http://www.friendster.com/shaunism

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to The-Life-of-Shaun-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/The-Life-of-Shaun
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: