Wednesday, September 17, 2008

[The Life of Shaun #273]

So... this is no fun at all.  I don't know what the headlines are saying where you are, but here the airwaves are full of gloom about Morgan Stanley being at risk of being the next bank to go* - despite our great earnings report yesterday and $175b in cash.  I could very well be unemployed before I come back from Israel - or before I go to Israel.

What a frighteningly fascinating time; the US government is even running out of the cash it'd need to do another rescue if it wanted to - it's having to go to the bond market for more cash, and S&P had hinted at the possibility of the government losing its AAA rating, saying even it is not "God given".  You just don't get more insane than that without the entire Midwest drying up and floating away in the wind.

Well, I guess I better just sucker up and have a good time in Israel - who knows what I will come back to.  And if everything does blow up, I need to know, which one of you is going to take me in?

God I need a drink.

Very, very scared,
Shaun

*For those in tune locally, MS is a major stakeholder in HBOS, BTW.


Shaun Coley
Shadwell, Tower Hamlets
London, UK

http://www.friendster.com/shaunism

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to The-Life-of-Shaun-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/The-Life-of-Shaun
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: