Thursday, December 04, 2008

[The Life of Shaun #300] Haggis & Kilts

Just a quick note -- I am off to Britain's second nation tomorrow, a nation whose national dish is pig intestines stuffed with sheep's heart, liver and lungs, and the men wear skirts: Scotland.

After two or three thwarted trips across my Northern border, I am finally, fingers crossed, going to make it.  I have the 17.00 train from King's Cross and a happy, four-hour ride in which I will need to pay attention to no one but Jim Halpert, Bodie and Jack Shephard.  I may just stay on the train and ride it back and (Firth of) forth (da dum dum) a few times.

Nah, my lovely Polish friend who lives there (he was attracted by the haute cuisine) has quite an evening planned for me, so my liver and I are ready for it.

Looking very forward to a pre-break to my American extravaganza* from 19 Dec - 04 Jan.  That one's gonna be a doozey.  2008's going out with a bang**.

Have a great weekend all,
Shaun

*Vegas/SF people, get in touch with me so we can make plans!


**And 2009 will be starting with a trip to Middlesbrough.  I?  Know how to travel.


Shaun H. Coley
Shadwell, Tower Hamlets
London, UK

http://www.friendster.com/shaunism

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to The-Life-of-Shaun-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/The-Life-of-Shaun
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: