Thursday, January 01, 2009

[The Life of Shaun #313] Happy New Year!

OK, not quite the new year here in SF, but it is in London and will be here soon.  I am looking forward to ringing 2009 in with the boys at their apartment in the Castro.

Guerneville was tragic fun as expected, but I was definitely ready to get back to the City.  This is my third new year's eve in SF since moving away, and more trips than that.  I have to say, I lived in SF and have been away long enough that the city is like Vegas for me in the sense that it is familiar but different at the same time.  It's a bit odd of a feeling for a place that was home to not be the same city you remember any more.  I am a bit anxious about New York in that sense; when I go back, will it be home like it was before?  Or am I going to be an urban orphan forever?

Ah well, no day to worry about things like that - there's far too much to look forward to in 2009.  My resolution for the year ahead?  As ever, to enjoy myself more than I did this year, of course.

May my resolution come true for you all as well!

Cheers from the City by the Bay,
Shaun

Shaun H. Coley
Civic Center
San Francsico, CA

http://www.friendster.com/shaunism

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to The-Life-of-Shaun-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/The-Life-of-Shaun
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: