Sunday, January 04, 2009

[The Life of Shaun #314] I left my liver in San Francisco

OK, I do love this city - but I can honestly say I am very ready to go home tomorrow -- and actually a little surprised to feel that way...

This really is an amazing city and I've had such a fantastic holiday here and in Vegas (Wait, when was that? Seems forever ago...). It's made me appreciate, love and miss my (non-London) friends even more. And brought home, again, the fact that, despite loving my geographically-varied life, it's harder and harder as I get older to accept that no matter where I live I will never be near to more than a fraction of the people who are most important to me.

And, just a couple random things...

"Milk" - fantastic, brilliant, wonderful. And makes me so proud to have called this city home. Also, makes me shokingly ashamed that 30 years later we're still having the same debate.

For those who don't mind a little bit of a sneak peak, this segment from "Paris je taime" (last story, 14éme) is one of the most perfect things ever put on film --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvrAFHWSdA4&feature=related

And, we have so much fun together --> http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1857295&op=1&view=all&subj=713081334&id=838739898

I hope the last 14 days have been as fantastic for all of you as they have for me. Dreading the 11.5 hours in the air tomorrow, looking very forward to coming home to my flat and seeing my London friends post-holiday for catch-up and understanding.

Holidays aren't dormant, however - first weekend back is Middlesbrough - how many ways can you say classy?

Happy new year, all!

Cheers,
Shaun

Shaun H. Coley
Civic Center
San Francisco, CA

http://www.friendster.com/shaunism

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to The-Life-of-Shaun-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/The-Life-of-Shaun
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

No comments: