Thursday, February 11, 2010

[The Life of Shaun #386] Where in the world is Shaun Coley?

So, what have I been up to, other than playing real estate agent? Well, 2010 started off with a bit of a stumble, but I am getting my footing back. But there hasn't been too much to report on outside of the day-to-day. A recent trip to Berlin, which I mentioned, but as of late, that's hardly out of the ordinary.

I have joined two popular cliques this week: I finally got an iPhone and I have seen Precious, both of which I can recommend.

I restarted German class tonight. I was placed in the higher of the two levels I thought I might be in - juchei! I still have to review a lot as my vocabulary is Scheiße, but I am glad to be on a level that's high enough it should keep my interest.

I should have more engaging things going on soon - I leave for my big trip of 2010 next Thursday: Bangkok, Angkor Wat, Phnom Penh, Auckland and Sydney (I'll be there for Mardi Gras!). I'd been feeling a bit disquieted about the trip recently, but as it's getting closer and I've been talking to people who have been, I am getting excited. And I am looking forward to putting half a globe between me and life for 17 days.

After that, Berlin and Vegas/SF in April and then that's the end of my capricious travelling for the year. I'll be short on holidays and funds, so I will be staying put and getting better acquainted with Olde London Towne for a while. So please come visit!

(Well, I will probably get back to Istanbul in the Spring/Summer, as Lara and my parents are ceasing nearly a decade of cruelty and are moving away from Miami for a more Byzantium lifestyle, but nowhere you can reach by EasyJet counts as extravagant travel. And besides, if I am visiting family, it's officially classed as an obligation.)


Randomly attached, two pics taken from London Bridge by my friend Alexi. They are of one of the pods from the London Eye being towed by barge for maintenance/cleaning. I guess that's what happened in the last two pics here!

So, a few meandering sub-plots in The Life of Shaun. Hope you are all well -- and I'd love to hear back how you are from time to time.

Cheers from Shadwell, East London,
Shaun



Shaun H. Coley
Shadwell, Tower Hamlets
London, UK

http://www.nocirc.org
http://shaunism.blogspot.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to The-Life-of-Shaun-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/The-Life-of-Shaun

No comments: