Thursday, February 18, 2010

[The Life of Shaun #387] And I'm off!

Well, the taxi is due in 15 minutes.

Once again, I have overpacked.  I do this every time; I think I have packed moderately, and might toss in an extra shirt or two.  Then as I am doing the 'final pack' to leave, I realise 200 things I forgot and my bag ends up bulging.  But I have my tickets, money and passport (had to be said), so everything else I can manage.

I feel a bit odd right now -- I remember before such a big trip, there would always be an enormous ball of excitement.  And I am excited - just not that excited.  I don't know if it's because I'm older, have "done this" before, am exhausted, still not comprehending just how far and foreign I am going, or just still too caught up in London life to realise I will be in Bangkok, Thailand in about 16 hours' time.  But I feel kinda like I am gonna wake up in Shadwell tomorrow and plod through another day.  I am sure some authentic green curry and £5 massage will snap me out of that (OK, thinking about the food just gave me a twinge of excitement!).

Anyway, just wanted to send a quick note before I headed out.  Here goes!

Cheers,
Shaun

Shaun H. Coley
Shadwell, Tower Hamlets
London, UK

http://www.nocirc.org
http://shaunism.blogspot.com

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to The-Life-of-Shaun-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/The-Life-of-Shaun

No comments: