Thursday, April 14, 2011

[The Life of Shaun #431] Taxes and surcharges

We're all getting used to increasing taxes and surcharges for flights, and when I am paying £15 on taxes and charges on my 1p ticket to Belfast, I am fine with their proportion of the ticket price.  But I was particularly aggrieved today; I bought a pair of tickets for Mary and me to go to The Netherlands for my friend Lottie's wedding this Summer and this was the fare breakdown:

Fare excluding taxes : £42.00

Taxes and surcharges : £232.02


85% of the fare is taxes and surcharges!  Outrageous!  But at least I have another trip on the books, so the inner monster is soothed for now.

Thanks for letting me rant.  That is all.

Cheers,
Shaun

_________________________________________________________________________________
Shaun H. Coley | Shadwell | Tower Hamlets | London | UK | www.nocirc.org

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to The-Life-of-Shaun-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/The-Life-of-Shaun

No comments: