Monday, February 04, 2013

[The Life of Shaun #466] Leaving on a Jetplane

It's my last night in Illinois - all checked into my flight to New York tomorrow.

It's been an amazing, awful, exhilarating and exhausting almost two months here.  I am ready to go; ready to have a break in the Big Apple, ready to get one step closer to home, ready to be out of the house where Mom died.  But I am also sad to leave.  The last weeks my family's lived together under the same roof again, something I never thought would happen again once we were adults.  Mom's pull brought in aunts, cousins and friends on a regular basis.  It's been chaotic, but full of life.  It's something I know I am unlikely to experience again, and I treasure it.

But London is growing impatient with me, only grudgingly allowing me a visit to her younger sister without becoming too irate.  I am filling up the first weeks back in London with reunions with friends and favourite places.  I can't wait to get home to London, to Shadwell, my flat, my flatmate, my life.  It's weird to think that this current reality will seem so fleeting once I've left, as everything does in life's rearview mirror.  But forward is our direction of travel, eh?

With that - onward, ho!  New York, pour me a cosmo, here I come!

Cheers,
Shaun


_________________________________________________________________________
Shaun H. Coley | At large in Naperville, IL | shaunism.blogspot.com
--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to The-Life-of-Shaun-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/The-Life-of-Shaun
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to the-life-of-shaun+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: