Wednesday, January 22, 2014

[The Life of Shaun #494] An empty chair at the table

My friend Rachel stayed with me this past Summer, during which time passed the anniversary of her father's death several years ago.  Every year on the anniversary, Rachel does something to honour the memory of her father.  As he was quite religious and a musician, we went to evensong and an organ recital at St. Paul's Cathedral.  It was a lovely day, and I thought it was a really nice way to remember him.

Wednesday marks one year since Mom died, and I want to do something to honour her memory.  I thought a bit about what Mom liked best in life, and we all know the answer to that: being around people she loved, drinking, smoking and playing cards.  That's exactly what I am going to do.  I've invited a few close friends over for beer, wine, pizza and Oh Hell, and Marco has agreed to break his no-smoking-in-London rule so I can outsource that part to him.  I think Mom would have loved it.

Cheers to you, Mama,
Shaun
















__________________________________________________________________________
Shaun H. Coley | Shadwell | Tower Hamlets | London E1 | UK | shaunism.blogspot.com

--
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to The-Life-of-Shaun-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/The-Life-of-Shaun
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to the-life-of-shaun+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: