Thursday, April 20, 2017

[The Life of Shaun #552] Updates

I just got off of Skype with Pops - he is doing well (again).  Unfortunately, he was rushed by ambulance back to the hospital a bit under two weeks after his bypass, as he was having trouble breathing.  After several tests and scans, they confirmed that he had fluid build-up around the heart and lungs, and the pressure was affecting his airflow.  Two Mondays ago, they operated again to drain the fluid, and he stayed in the hospital another week.  All's going well now, and he's being very well looked after at home by my Aunt Peggi and Uncle Rudy, and my cousin Tracy is popping in from time to time to be our surrogate.

New York was wonderful and heartbreaking.  David Vansuch hosted a fantastic memorial, full of love for David Bell.  I was so happy I was able to be there for it, and to be near the dear friends we had in common, with other people who knew and understood him.  As my friend Stepfeven said, "Really lovely.  Like an Irish wake.  I was hungover til 5 the next day."  That is exactly the kind of send-off David would want.

It's been a tough several weeks, Mama Berry, Pops, David Bell - far too much sadness and worry in my feed.  But I never went a second without the support of friends and family, and I am very lucky for that.

I'm glad to be back home in London, back in the routine, and hopefully staying put awhile - well, by my standards, anyway.

Cheers,
Shaun

Shaun H. Coley ~ Shadwell ~ Tower Hamlets ~ London E1 ~ UK ~ shaunism.blogspot.co.uk

--
http://shaunism.blogspot.co.uk/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to the-life-of-shaun+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: