OK, first business; my contact numbers for my visit:
in New York --> 917-###-####
in Miami --> 786-###-####
Well, that's it for business.
Tonight on More Four (the famous Penis Week channel from many eMails ago) had a rather striking show on called "The Falling Man". And it was literally about the falling man - you all know who I am talking about, from September 11th. It was a tactful look into the jumpers of 9/11 and why they were pretty much air-brushed out of the picture of that day. In its trauma America wanted to remember the firefighters and other rescue workers, to rally around the good; but in doing so we somehow ignore and don't honor what happened there. I won't go on, but it was certainly an emotional pull back towards the city I am leaving for tomorrow.
And that's that. I am packed, save for my toiletries; I have my passport, Citibank card and credit cards; reservations and plans are made; Hot Spot Pizza and Taco Bell await me.
It's a very unfamiliar feeling I have sitting here thinking about going there. New York is the first place that ever felt like home to me. I loved living in San Francisco and, to the astonishment of most, Fairbanks. But New York is where I learned what it feels like to get to go back home after being away. So what do I feel now, going there, going "home", when it's not home anymore? I just don't know because I've never done this before.
All that said, I couldn't be more excited, I am so ready for this trip. I can't believe I get to say "See you soon!" to so many of you, but I do! So I'll say it one more time:
See you soon!
Shaun
--
Shaun Coley
scoley@gmail.com
http://www.friendster.com/profiles/shaunism
London, UK
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Life of Shaun" group.
To post to this group, send email to The-Life-of-Shaun@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to The-Life-of-Shaun-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/The-Life-of-Shaun
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
No comments:
Post a Comment