
I have to say, one of my regrets about my time in New York was not seeing "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" with John Cameron Mitchell when I had the chance. I can't even remember what I did instead, which proves right there that it was a poor choice, but knowing me I was probably on some wayward excursion to Poughkeepsie, Des Moines or somewhere else pointless.
I did see it, though, with Ally Sheedy, which was a crime against nature, and last night I got to see it here in London. Though I had a few problems with it (I don't think Hedwig should be muscley, but that's just me) it was a great night. The setting was the perfect way to see Hedwig - a cool, old smokey cabaret with hot waitstaff and a bottle of Veuve on the table.
The next show they're having at this cabaret is Justin Bond. Tell me, will I be disappointed or sad if I see that show? I just imagine sitting there wanting Kiki.
Hedwig & Justin back to back here - does anything happen in New York anymore? ;P
Shaun
--
Shaun Coley
scoley@gmail.com
London, UK
No comments:
Post a Comment