Tuesday, 25 October 2005

I swear I am not a Midwestern tourist...

...but they just don't give me any other option. I really do try to eat at independent, new or British places, but they make it impossible. I got out of work today at 5:00, went to a record store then went to get something to eat. I walked many blocks avoiding the McDonalds', Subways, Pizza Huts and Starbucks, but every homegrown eating establishment, both independent and UK chains, were closed for the day already. What was still open? McDonald's, Subway Pizza Hut and Starbucks. So I gave up and had some Mickey-D's.

Europeans love to complain about Americana taking over their cultures, but if they can't learn a little about supply & demand and customer service and allow me to grab a nibble somewhere between where I work and home in the early evening I will be welcoming the invasion with open arms.

--
Shaun Coley
scoley@gmail.com
London, UK

No comments: