Covid-19 has made its way to our little corner of Islington - Sushil and I are now part of the statistics. Well, technically only I am; Sushil's test came back negative.
I started to feel ill on Thursday, and on Friday I had a fever, so I entered my symptoms into the NHS test-and-trace app, and they sent tests for our household in the post. We took the tests Sunday, mailed them to a lab in Glasgow on Monday, and I got my positive result this morning. Though Sushil's test was negative, we are pretty sure he was the vector. Despite the upswing in cases in the UK, his work has continued to insist he commute into the office daily by tube, and the week before I was ill he felt "a bit under the weather", which by his Indian immune system standards is near-death.
I felt rather miserable on Friday, but my fever broke on Saturday, and since then I've felt mostly alright. I've been fatigued with a bit of a scratchy throat, but nothing too bad. I know this virus can go up and down, but I am hoping that since the initial hit was relatively mild, I am on the path to recovery. If this is my brush with covid-19, I'll take it.
Convalescing,
Shaun
Shaun H. Coley ~ Islington ~ London N1 ~ UK ~ shaunism.blogspot.co.uk
http://shaunism.blogspot.co.uk/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to the-life-of-shaun+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/the-life-of-shaun/CAPtAq8LMOdFCh4tyfsRy-EY5ssQpazyOmaFQHGMArOVDMR-1OA%40mail.gmail.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment