Friday, 23 October 2020

[The Life of Shaun #576] Anosmia Phởk

I lost my smell last night.  It happened over the course of a phở.

At the start, it was fragrant and flavourful; by the end, it was flat with a metallic undertone.  I didn't think much of it until I had some Ben & Jerry's and it had the same metallic 'note'.  This kicked off a series of smell tests from bathroom odoriser to Czech schnapps, all of which were a hard fail.  (Dog farts too, so it's not all lose.)  I know this is a common effect of covid-19, but it's a bit scary as developing new symptoms makes me presume that the virus is still gaining ground in my body rather than being on the wane.

This morning I feel the same; same sore/scratchy throat and fatigue since last Saturday, so I don't feel on the decline.  I'm checking my blood O2 regularly, and it's at 98% when I am sitting upright, so no warning signs yet.  Nothing to do but wait and hope it stays mild and the senses return in full.  Tedious.  May it remain so.

Cheers,
Shaun

Shaun H. Coley ~ Islington ~ London N1 ~ UK ~ shaunism.blogspot.co.uk

--
http://shaunism.blogspot.co.uk/
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "The Life of Shaun" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to the-life-of-shaun+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/the-life-of-shaun/CAPtAq8%2B5P1quRzwKEA-A-wPfhkDb0nbo1yqSyRpxsDzpJPMouA%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments: